Wednesday 12 February 2014

Valentine's Kiss

I'm not a red girl. It is certainly not a colour I willingly choose to wear for anything other than lipstick. For me to wear red polish, it really needs to be for a special occasion or a special outfit for a special occasion. Therefore, when it comes to Valentine's day, red is NOT my go-to colour.

Since I did pink hearts last week, I tried to give some thought to other colours associated with romance and love, and I bet that you  can't find a colour more passionate than purple!




The base colour of this manicure is the beautiful Zoya Matte Velvet Savita, a rich royal purple with a fuchsia undertone. Initially I did some polka dots and an xoxo pattern on my nails, but I wasn't happy with the way they turned out, so I scrapped that and decided to go solo with this cute smooch on my ring finger.

I free-handed the lips on with Shany striper 17 and did a little heart in Ruby Wing Eternal. Once the lips were dry, I took a small brush and made tiny streaks across them with Savita, to mimic the natural creases of lips when you pucker up. Finally, I sealed everything with a coat of Essie's Matte About You topcoat.

I hope you like this simple yet passionate Valentine's Day manicure! I also hope that regardless of your relationship status, you surround yourself on Valentine's Day (and everyday!) with people whom you love and care about, and who feel the same way about you :)


Lots of love ♥

Mara


P.s.: Thanks for all of your suggestions for potential tutorials! I'll get working on them as soon as I can, but please feel free to keep sending me things that you would like to see! Even if you don't want a tutorial and you just want to see a particular design or colour, send me a tweet, an email, an ask or a comment and I'll see what I can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)