Wednesday 5 February 2014

Valentine's Hearts

Can you believe it's February already?! Geez, time flies when you're doing nail art!

Of course, February always brings along the excitement (or despair) that is Valentine's Day. Whether or not you've got special someone to share the day with, show your nails that you love them with this cute manicure with textured, glittery hearts, stripes and polka dots!!



I started with base colours of Nails Inc. Chelsea Physic Garden and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On and then Sacha Top Coat. When it was dry, I used a dotting tool to draw little hearts with Butter London Teddy Girl, my favourite pastel pink. When those hearts were dry, I went over them with a layer of OPI Liquid Sand Pussy Galore, a pale pink textured polish with a silver shimmer. In the empty spaces between hearts I dotted on Zoya Pixie Dust Arabella, a textured fuchsia with a silver shimmer.

On the blue nails I taped off a small strip of nail to create a narrow stripe with Pussy Galore. I did not apply topcoat over the textured polishes in order to preserve the gritty feel of the lacquer.



What do you think? Isn't this cute and easy?! I really love the flirty, cute look this manicure has :)


Have an amazing week!

Mara


Ps: I really want to do some more tutorials for you guys, but I'm not so sure what to do that doesn't already have a million tutorials out there! Is there anything I've previously done that you would be interested in seeing? Or anything I haven't done as yet that you would like to see? Drop me a line or leave a comment right here and let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)