Wednesday 15 January 2014

Xplosive New Year

Happy new year! I hope your 2014 is filled with good times and great manicures ;)

I had a really great nail haul for Christmas; I got a couple dozen bottles of polish, some nail wraps and a few nail care accessories. One of the presents I was most excited to try was Sephora Formula X Xplosive Chaotic, a glitter topper filled with black and white micro glitter, small, medium and large hex glitter and black bar glitter. 




I layered Chaotic over Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening for a bold, punchy look. On my other fingers I used another Christmas gift; Essie's Mind Your Mittens. It's described as a blackened teal, which I could see under fluorescent lights, but in daylight it looked more like a dusty navy blue. Regardless, the dark colour helped to tie in the black glitter and tone down the loudness of the yellow.

I really love the look of Chaotic. It adds a lot of drama and depth to basic base coats without all the fuss.

Hope you have a great week (and a great year) ahead!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)