Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pastel Colour Block


This week I've got some super sweet nails for you! I don't know about you, but I love pastels. They're so soft and pretty and they work well with just about every outfit. There's also something about the pink-purple-blue combination that is really feminine, and it takes me back to the days of Lisa Frank!


Pastel Colourblock Nails

This is one of my favourite nail art looks because of how simple it is. All you need are 4 colours, tape or a thin brush and topcoat! Easy!

Here I used Butter London Teddy Girl, Sally Hansen CSM I Lilac You and Barracuda to paint a patch of each colour onto each nail. Then I used a thin nail art brush dipped into Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On and painted the lines on where the two colours meet. The white polish covers up any shaky or squiggly lines between the coloured blocks, and it makes everything look really clean and fresh. If you think your hands are too shaky, or you need help for your non-dominant hand, you can use tape as a guide to keep your lines neat. Just make sure to wait until your base colours are completely dry or else the tape will pull it all off and you'll be sad :(

For an edgier look, you can use black polish to outline your colour blocks, or you can use a neon colour scheme. This design would also look great in gold, brown and nude!


On a personal note, I've got some exciting news: I got a job! I started doing this blog while I was unemployed so that I would keep busy and social and not sit around and be sad all day. I'm really thrilled to get a job after a four-month job search, especially since it's relevant to my degree. I'm really enjoying it so far (I'm only three days in at this point). Most of all I'm happy that I'm earning money because money = more nail polish = MORE NAIL ART. And there is never enough nail art.


I hope you have an amazing week!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)