Monday 30 December 2013

A Caribbean Christmas

Season's greetings everyone! Sorry that missed last week's post, but the festivities took me away from my computer for a while. I'm off again for the new year, so I'm doing a quick post on my Christmas day manicure.

Since I'm all about the glorious Caribbean climate, I decided to do a tropical scene on my nails. Here you can see Santa tanning on a sandy island in the middle of the beautiful blue sea.



 My I did the sky-sea gradient using Sally Hansen CSM Barracuda, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook and China Glaze Towel Boy Toy. I tore off a small piece of a make-up sponge and using a pair of tweezers I sponged Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On on the top third of my nails to form clouds. Then, I used the Art Club white striper to draw small curvy lines on the lower two-thirds of the nails to create ocean waves. On my little finger I added the sun with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening, and on my thumb I used Art Club black striper to draw the dolphin leaping out of the sea.




Using Zoya Farah I drew a hump on my middle finger and two sloped edges to create an island across three fingers. On the edge of my index I drew a little crab using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet and dotted the eyes on using the Art Club stripers.

On my ring finger I used a small brush to draw a coconut tree in Sacha Forbidden Fudge and OPI Don't Mess With OPI. I let the leaves of the tree continue onto my middle finger to help it seem like on picture instead of individual designs on each nail. I used Forbidden Fudge to draw Santa's body lounging on the sand, and I used Art Club Red on Red striper to draw his hat and pants.




Hope your holiday season has been warm and bright!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)