Wednesday 4 December 2013

Yellow Spots and Stripes

The nice thing about living in the Caribbean is that we have two seasons: Rainy season and Dry season. If you think that's a joke I'm actually 100% serious. We have no such thing as Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter. It is warm and lovely all year round and we can wear whatever colour polish we want at any time of the year and it's always going to be in-season and on trend. Welcome to the good life! ;)

Because I'm not held back by seasonal hues (and I felt like wearing something light, playful and bright), this week's manicure is a lovely yellow and white colour scheme with polka dots and stripes! 


On my index, middle and little fingers I used three coats of Jacob Sunny Capri, a bright but buttery pastel yellow. I freehanded the stripes on with the Art Club white striper and then topped it off with a coat of Essie's Matte About You.

On my thumb and ring fingers I used two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. Then, using Shany Cosmetics 12, a gold microglitter in a yellow base, I added polka dots with a small dotting tool and then used a coat of Sacha Top Coat for a glossy finish.

I really like the contrast going on in this manicure: spots versus stripes, matte finish versus shiny finish, busy pattern versus a very clean colour scheme.


I had a few nail breaks during the week, so my nails are short little stubs right now. I usually let my nails grow out as long as they can until they break, and then it's back down to short nails until they grow out again. I like the variation in length; it stops me from getting bored with one look all the time!


I hope you have an amazing week!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)