Wednesday 11 December 2013

Rose Manicure

After last week's simple two-colour manicure I was in the mood for something colourful and exciting. Of course, I still wanted nails that my supervisors at work wouldn't raise their eyebrows at, so I tried to keep the colours a little bit on the darker side for this pretty floral nail art.


On a dark green base of OPI Don't Mess With OPI I made circular blobs using a dotting tool and Butter London Teddy Girl, my favourite pastel pink. When the blobs were dry I used Shany Cosmetics 06, a dark pink striper, to make little curves and swirls to represent the petals of the rose. It still didn't seem rose-like enough, so I used a thin nail art brush dipped into Teddy Girl to add a bit more petal swirls. Then, using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet and a small nail art brush, I painted on some triangular shapes for the leaves. When the leaves were dry, I used Shany Cosmetics 15, a green microglitter in a green base, to add a little dimension to each leaf.

On my index and middle finger I used a base of Teddy Girl and made the circular blobs with NYC Plaza Plumberry. I made little petal swirls and curves using Teddy Girl, but I was short on time and couldn't add more detail to the middle of these roses :( I definitely would have added more Plaza Plumberry! I freehanded the leaves on with Don't Mess With OPI and added some glitter with Shany Cosmetics 15.

Finally, using a small dotting tool, I added a few polka dots in the empty spaces with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. Then I used Sacha Top Coat to seal it off and it was done!


A little bit of layering goes a long way in achieving this sweet and feminine look!

The next time I do this pattern I might try keeping all the background colours the same, and do roses in more than one colour.


I hope you're having a great holiday season! Enjoy your week!

Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot and provide helpful feedback for me to improve. I enjoy hearing from you, so please don't be shy!

Please don't post links in the comment section. If you would like me to look at your blog, or another site, send me a tweet or an email. All my contact info is posted on the Contact page :)